Saturday, April 4, 2015

Made New





I have been a little absent from everything these past few weeks because I have been working on a huge project.  This is such an amazing opportunity, and I am so thankful that I have been given this opportunity.  I would like to introduce what I have been working on.  This is Made New.  It is a company of sorts that I am starting here in Huntington, WV.  It is in the early stages right now and I still planning, but it is real.  The basic idea is that I will be teaching classes to local women who are going through a tough time right now, and then we will be selling the products that they make to give them some extra income and to earn money with dignity.  I will be working with a local non-profit that is run by a friend of mine that helps women in poverty, prostitution, and struggling with drug addiction.  It is so crazy that I was given this opportunity, I never thought in a million years that  I would be teaching a class of any kind, let alone basing a huge idea on it.  It's totally crazy, and yet it feels so perfect.  Right now I am trying to start selling some things that I have made, to raise money for class supplies, and I am planning what some of the first classes will be.  I am so thankful that God has allowed me the opportunity to help other people, it just blows my mind that this is something I am going to get to do.  If you want to keep up with what we are doing, you can keep up with us on various social media until we get our Etsy shop up and running, which I will be sure to announce here.  

Instagram: @madenewco
Twitter: @madenewco
or on Facebook as Made New Co 

No comments:

Post a Comment